Salary: $125,000 - $200,000 a year
Eligible for $10k x $10k plan
We are looking for a savvy and seasoned PostgreSQL developer for an in-office team in Austin, Texas. This is a developer role, not a DB administrator role. We are sophisticated users of PostgreSQL, and we want you to school us in what we don't know.
The successful recruit will work hand in glove with the CTO on a growing technical team. The upside potential is extremely large for the right candidate in terms of both cash compensation and equity. This is no mere job. It requires a founder’s caring and curious mentality, and a burning desire to ship code to shape the future of decentralized finance.
Vertalo connects and enables the digital asset ecosystem. Our platform uses traditional database and blockchain technology to manage cap table data and bring secondary liquidity to investors in private securities. The private securities markets are huge yet antiquated. Vertalo is changing that landscape.
Think of a traditional cap table reimplemented for the emerging digital securities sector (meaning soon, all private securities). Our focus on digital securities and secondary liquidity sets us apart from larger incumbents. We are well positioned in this emerging market and offer amazing growth potential. There are extensive near-term opportunities and longer-term exit scenarios for our company.
You will be focusing primarily on the back-end of our application, rapidly deploying product that appeals to our market, then figuring out how to scale it.
This is not a remote position. You will be required to work out of our offices here in Austin, TX.
- PostGraphile for GraphQL
- Craft CMS
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- 2+ years professional experience with PostgreSQL
- 2+ years professional experience with Node, Python, Perl, C, or another non-database programming language
- Mad skills in PL/pgSQL
- Big plus - experience using row-level security
- Big plus - familiarity with PostGraphile or PostgREST
- Big plus - experience metaprogramming in the PostgreSQL setting
- Ambitious - you are looking specifically for a startup opportunity and the chance to hit it big
- Self-starting - you’re OK with some ambiguity and pushing until you figure things out
- Great at quickly making it work - we iterate fast and you need to be able to keep up
- Hungry - you’re a missionary, not a mercenary
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k plan
- Relocation assistance
- Paid time off
- Free lunch provided every day
- Flexible laptop/monitor/desk configuration
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Fried-chicken Fridays!
Our Interview Process
Here’s what to expect during the interview process with Vertalo.