Corporate Security Engineer
Founded in 2018 by CPAs, tax attorneys, and software developers, TaxBit is establishing an entirely new category of business to enable widespread adoption of cryptocurrency and other digital assets.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting and accounting experience for the digital asset class. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading crypto and traditional financial enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve compliance challenges at scale amid an ever-evolving regulatory landscape. TaxBit investors include Haun Ventures, IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in New York City, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
The Corporate Security Engineer is integral to the growing technology and security organizations at TaxBit. The role will build, support, and maintain the IT landscape of TaxBit’s offices. The Technology Manager will focus on the secure and successful deployment of IT endpoints, on-premise network equipment, office printers, and application and SaaS licenses.
The role will support TaxBit team members, on-site and remotely, and is responsible for the overall life cycle of TaxBit endpoints.
- Administer and maintain TaxBit’s Identity and Access Management (IAM) solution (Okta)
- Provide IT- and Security training and support to new and existing team members
- Troubleshoot and resolve on-premise network issues with the infrastructure team
- Implement and manage TaxBit’s Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) system
- Document, track, and follow up on service tickets and their resolution through the ticketing management system
- Gather control evidence to support audits for the Risk and Compliance team, or digital forensics needs for the Security Operations team
- Support team member laptops and other devices; this includes software installation, configuration, and maintenance, and may also include minor hardware installation and repair
- Assist in other initiatives as necessary
- High school Diploma or equivalent—Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years managing an IT Support or Help Desk team
- Proven experience installing, configuring, and supporting software applications
- Experience managing application licenses and renewals
- Established expert in Google Workspace and Google Meet Devices
- Experience with Okta Workforce Identity
- Experience supporting Apple devices
- Familiar with UEM solutions, Kandji, Jamf, ManageEngine, etc.
- Knows how to install and maintain remote meeting equipment and software
- Can build and grow an asset management program
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- A robust offering of health, dental, and vision benefits with certain plans eligible for 100% premium coverage
- An investment in your mental wellbeing with TalkSpace
- A modern 401(k) plan that includes access to crypto, financial wellness benefits, low fees, and more
- Discretionary Time Off - enjoy the flexibility to take time away to rest, refuel, and recharge whenever needed and without worry
- Paid parental leave to bond with your new child
- Fertility Benefit
- Inclusive activities such as rock climbing, trivia/game nights, monthly mingles, and more!
- Company-provided Monday Lunches and unlimited snacks/drinks
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed
- By submitting an application for this role, you certify that the information contained in the application is correct to the best of your knowledge. You understand that to falsify information is grounds for refusing to hire you, or for discharge should you be hired.
- Employment with the Company is at will unless otherwise stated in a written agreement signed by the CEO of the Company. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.