Sr. Software Engineer - Defi
Who We Are:
Solana is a high performance blockchain that can enable growing decentralized applications and systems to scale without sacrificing security. Solana Labs is the team that built the original protocol, and is building both the validator client and applications on top of the Solana blockchain; therefore the team is highly specialized, and we’re looking for talented people who are willing to jump right in and use their expertise to help us build the Solana ecosystem. If you’re looking to join a fast-paced, problem solving environment in the center of blockchain infrastructure, cryptocurrency, and decentralized applications, then read on.
We are looking for a talented and driven Sr. Software Engineer who is passionate about building innovative products from 0 to Production. As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will research and implement new DeFi primitives and improve existing ones. You will work closely with product managers, designers, and the engineering team to bring new products to market. This is an amazing opportunity offering you the ability to learn new technical skills in web3.0/blockchain and work with an amazing team of engineers.
- Be responsible for the research, design, implementation, testing, monitoring, and maintenance of Solana DeFi product initiatives.
- Help drive Solana DeFi adoption through market-leading product experiences and new smart contract paradigms.
- Build out services and APIs for frontend tools, backend services, and off-chain infrastructure.
- Deliver secure, high-quality code that can be open sourced.
- Perform internal code reviews and mentor junior engineers.
- 5+ years of systems programming experience working with at least one of these languages (Rust, C, C++ or GO).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer or equivalent.
- Experience building user-facing software and API frameworks (REST/gRPC/GraphQL).
- Ability to read and understand research papers and implement complex mathematical concepts in code.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and across the product engineering stack.
- Highly autonomous, ability to design and develop software with minimal guidance.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about blockchain, DeFi, and Web3.
- Working knowledge of git and continuous integration tools.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with blockchain technology.
- Knowledge of common DeFi patterns.
- Experience in algorithmic trading or understanding of traditional finance primitives.
- Experience building large scale, data intensive applications.
The salary range for US-based candidates will be determined throughout the interview process and can vary depending on experiences, skills, and location. Candidates should anticipate an annual base salary (not including incentive compensation or other benefits) of $USD140,000 - $USD250,000 for full time employees.
Something looks off?