Accounts Payable Specialist
About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis, the pioneer behind the blockchain game Axie Infinity, is revolutionizing the virtual gaming world with innovative technology and infrastructure. We’re committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work culture where individuals can bring their authentic selves to the table. As a team of entrepreneurial disruptions and gamers, we are driven by a shared passion for making a meaningful impact and embracing the challenges and critiques that come with being at the forefront of technological environments.
About the job
The Sky Mavis Finance team is seeking a Payable Accountant who plays a crucial role in ensuring timely and accurate payment flow, managing accounts payable processes, and maintaining strong relationships with partners.
- Prepare SOP regarding the payment process for all payment gateways and entities. Ensure on-time payment and be a contact point for all related parties regarding payment status.
- Automate the approval payment process across departments and all payment gateways.
- Run and improve the payment tools to reduce manual tasks and speed up the payment process.
- Accounts payable accounting is booked accurately and completely.
- Verify and process payment requests from various departments, and ensure coding to the correct GL account. Follow up with the payment request initiator on the payment/invoice issue.
- Verify employee expense reports within the company's system and initiate transactions for payments. Follow-up with employees on the pending expense report issue.
- Ensure invoices posted are aligned with the accounting SOPs: approved purchase requests, goods and services received, approved payment requests, etc.
- Prepare the inter-company loan/AP transactions with other entities within the group.
- Prepare an aging report and reconcile the bank, cash & Payable Account.
- Update bank account/crypto movement and balance weekly or bi-weekly.
- Provide monthly cash flow forecast for the entity from vendors for cash injection.
- Process payment postings to the Quickbook/ Netsuite system.
- Other tasks are assigned by the line manager.