Web3 Strategist (Web3 Games, NFTs)
About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis, the pioneer behind the blockchain game Axie Infinity, is revolutionizing the virtual gaming world with innovative technology and infrastructure. We are committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work culture where individuals can bring their authentic selves to the table. As a team of entrepreneurial disruptors and gamers, we are driven by a shared passion for making a meaningful impact and embracing the challenges and critiques that come with being at the forefront of technological advancement.
About the Role
We are looking for a Web 3 Strategist to join our team. As a Web 3 Strategist, you will drive the growth and success of the many games in our publishing platform. Collaborating with cross-functional teams and external partners, you will work closely with many game studios to develop and execute unique web 3 strategies, including designing token economies, structuring NFT launches, and applying new trends to these games. You will be keeping track of all of the current trends, researching and synthesizing different Web 2 and Web 3 gaming models.
Your main duties will involve partnering with the Director of Product Strategy on key game-related decisions, guiding game studios through development, and leading in NFT and tokenomics strategies. You'll also turn business deals into action plans, manage game launch timelines, and adapt to industry shifts. The ideal candidate is already immersed in Web3, excels in strategic thinking and project management, and can proactively mitigate risks.
- Collaborate with Director of Product Strategy in key game product decisions for our 3rd party game studio partners, such as stage transitions and setting critical KPIs and feeding product requirements to product teams.
- Guide game studios through their developmental milestones, using your Web3 gaming expertise to make crucial decisions that align with organizational goals.
- Serve as the consultative lead on NFT launches, pricing, and tokenomics, facilitating discussions with specialized team members as needed.
- Translate high-level business agreements into concrete, actionable game advisories and oversee their realization.
- Oversee the timelines of multiple project pipelines, making prioritization decisions to ensure smooth rollouts.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, ensuring that our partners and us adjust Web3 plans (NFT/token) accordingly.
- Make internal and external product recommendations based off of actionable insights.
- Proactively identify and resolve bottlenecks and risks, communicating effectively to all concerned stakeholders.
- 3+ years of experience in leading game production or publishing games, and/or experience in working with Web3 games in a strategic position.
- Strong understanding of Web3 games’ user journey and existing industry problems.
- Strong understanding of NFT trends and how those are sold in gaming & entertainment industries.
- Proficiency in analyzing data and using key performance indicators (KPIs) to make informed decisions for game improvement.
- Strong project and people management skills.
- Effective presentation, oral, and written business communication skills with various audiences and levels (internally and externally).
- This position will work across time zones with our global partners. An applicant with a flexible schedule is required.
- Strong spoken and written English communication skills.
- Product-related experience and/or strong research skills preferred.
A front-row seat to one of the most exciting blockchain projects that make positive impacts in changing many people’s lives globally
A fast-paced, young, active, and fun working environment where everything revolves around games and cute species.A competitive salary package that fits your skills, experiences, and contributions.
Give you freedom & ownership of your work.
You’ll acquire new skills as we usher in a new era of ownership.
Embrace your nature as a gamer (Why else would you want to join us?)
Help you to give your family the security that they deserve