Back-end Engineer, Ronin Platform
About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis, the pioneer behind the blockchain game Axie Infinity, is revolutionizing the virtual gaming world with innovative technology and infrastructure. We are committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work culture where individuals can bring their authentic selves to the table. As a team of entrepreneurial disruptors and gamers, we are driven by a shared passion for making a meaningful impact and embracing the challenges and critiques that come with being at the forefront of technological advancement.
About the role
In the Ronin Platform team, our Backend Engineers are responsible for building a central data hub connecting every project interested in blockchain data. We work closely with different teams and organizations to provide:
- Reliable & real-time data
- Easy to access and low latency queries
We are operating at the bleeding edge of blockchain technology, so many of your prerogatives may be experiments that have never been conducted before. You'll need to be bright, nimble, and willing to innovate to succeed in this role. Your day-to-day might include:
- Responsible for delivering our core platform architecture.
- You don’t work alone, your success is measured by the values bringing to other teams
- Solving difficult problems around data-intensive and complex data flow systems.
- Design & manage terabytes of transactional data to satisfy tough SLAs of latencies, replication lags, throughputs,...
- Ensure the consistency of blockchain data and its off-chain replicas at the highest level
- Building highly scalable and dynamic web servers that can withstand massive user traffic.
- Finding elegant ways to incorporate state-of-the-art solutions from our research initiatives into our products.
- Solving unique problems of on-chain, off-chain, hybrid data
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals and systems design concepts
- You're proficient in at least one strong typed language, ideally experienced with Go, Rust, Java. Nice to have: Typescript, Solidity.
- You have experience working with database systems both SQL and NoSQL.
- Experience owning multi month long projects, including communication of progress, dependencies, and risk mitigation directly with stakeholders and partners
- You learn quickly and adapt to new principles and ideas.
- At least 7 years (3 years with middle) of experience with the software engineering role.
- You're a team player and can work closely with the rest of our team.
- Interest in blockchain and other Web 3.0 technologies
- Nice to have: Experience in blockchain and other Web 3.0 technologies
- A front-row seat to one of the most exciting blockchain projects that make positive impacts in changing many people’s lives globally
- A fast-paced, young, active, and fun working environment where everything revolves around games and cute species
- A competitive salary package that fits your skills, experiences, and contributions
Give you freedom & ownership of your work
Embrace your nature as a gamer (Why else would you want to join us?)
You’ll acquire new skills as we usher in a new era of ownership.
Help you to give your family the security that they deserve