Junior 2D Concept Artist
About Sky Mavis
Sky Mavis, the pioneer behind the blockchain game Axie Infinity, is revolutionizing the virtual gaming world with innovative technology and infrastructure. We are committed to fostering a dynamic and inclusive work culture where individuals can bring their authentic selves to the table. As a team of entrepreneurial disruptors and gamers, we are driven by a shared passion for making a meaningful impact and embracing the challenges and critiques that come with being at the forefront of technological advancement.
About the Role
Our 2D artists play a critical role in building a vibrant universe, where characters and environments are well blended in a unique artistic design. You will learn and work with different team members to dive deep into the various worlds of our games and products. As a Junior 2D Concept Game Artist, your day-to-day will be:
- Collaborate with the project teams to brainstorm and interpret the brief, initial ideas and create quick sketch drafts for review.
- Research and present the reference materials including translation styles, concepts, characters, … and similar projects.
- Create detailed concept designs in a variety of mediums specific to the brief such as 2D drawings or 3D renders.
- Develop characters, environments, props, and designs based on feedback.
- Perform and manage project updates, revisions, feedback consultations, noting changes, timelines and maintenance as required including report issues to the Art Director/Art Lead.
- Keep up-to-date on graphic techniques, trends, styles, etc. in the gaming industry and provide feedback to team members.
- Have knowledge and fundamental understandings of design theory, modeling, object ratio, colors theory, and anatomy; a degree in graphic design or fine art will be preferable.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a concept artist or graphic designer with a tough portfolio of work demonstrating strong artistic and storytelling ability.
- Understand and have strong experiences in stylized art with excellent sketching abilities for rough conceptualization.
- Responsible for designing and testing products from concept to production.
- Proficient in a variety of digital 2D and 3D software programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Maya, and Blender and willing to learn new software programs and tools.
- A strong ability in working independently with an emphasis on achieving collective goals, delivering high-quality artwork while participating in and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate, communicate, interpret and work as part of a team.
Front row seat to one of the most exciting blockchain projects that is making a positive impact and changing people’s lives globallyA fast-paced, active, and fun working environment where everything revolves around games and cute beings
A competitive salary package that fits your skills, experiences, and contributions
Freedom, autonomy & ownership around your work
Contribute to making revolutionary games
Acquire new and unique skills as we usher in a new era of digital ownership
Give yourself and your family the security you deserve