Ready Player Me
Who we are
The future of digital experiences is not a single app. It's a network of millions of virtual worlds and digital experiences people visit to play games, socialize and collaborate. Today, most of those experiences are closed and disconnected walled gardens.
Ready Player Me is a cross-game avatar platform for developers, players, and leading brands. We're on a mission to break down the virtual walls to enable more open and connected worlds, and any digital experience.
We started 2021 with 24 companies using our avatar system, and we are now trusted by over 9,000 games, apps, and leading brands.
Present and future
We are backed by top investors like Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Plural, David Baszucki, co-founder of Roblox, Justin Kan, co-founder of Twitch, Sebastian Knutsson & Riccardo Zacconi, King Games co-founders, Konvoy Ventures, Endeavor and Samsung Next among many others.
Our team has built avatar systems for companies like Tencent, Huawei, HTC, and Verizon since 2014. We are working with well-known brands like Warner Bros, Adidas, Tommy Hilfiger, Dior, New Balance, and RTFKT.
With more than 9,000 developers and millions of users, Ready Player Me is the world's leading avatar platform, offering tools and services for developers to integrate into their games, apps, and virtual worlds. Users can customize their avatars to reflect their personal style and individuality and use them across thousands of interoperable worlds.
Come join us on this exciting journey and play a key role in shaping the future of how we represent ourselves in games and virtual worlds, while breaking down those virtual walls!
We are looking for a passionate and skilled Quality Asuurance Engineer to join our our Engineering organization! You will jump into action, unafraid to engage in hands-on manual testing of releases and to seamlessly transition between our diverse engineering teams as needed. You will play a critical role in enhancing the quality and stability of the Ready Player Me platform, including our SDKs, public web apps like Studio, Hub, and Storefront, and our public APIs.
Your daily adventures will include:
- Boosting software quality by establishing testing pipelines and promptly reporting any bugs with clear replication steps. You'll also strategize to address product weaknesses in stability and quality.
- You'll champion a "quality first" approach within the engineering team. Your expertise will guide the team through the software development lifecycle, ensuring modern testing practices are applied.
- You'll automate routine testing tasks and introduce tools to enhance team productivity. You'll also continuously refine the QA process for optimal results.
What you bring:
- 2+ years of experience as a versatile QA generalist.
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks like Selenium or Cypress.
- Proficiency in API testing tools such as Postman or Insomnia.
- Basic knowledge of game engines like Unreal and Unity.
- A proactive stance on product quality, with a knack for devising and implementing new testing strategies.
- Sharp attention to detail, adept at identifying and reporting bugs.
- Eagerness to collaborate with the Support team to address issues.
As a bonus, it would be awesome if you:
- Have a level of programming knowledge, whether in JS/TS, C#, C++, or another language.
- Worked in a Startup or Scaleup before.
- Love to play games.
Why you’ll love it here:
🌏 Work as a remote-first team anywhere in the world or in our Tallinn or Berlin hubs. We currently already have people in 16 countries.
📚 Personal development - exciting challenges mean a big impact. To reach the next level, we offer a personal learning budget.
💤 Flexible days off - we work hard, but it’s important for us to make sure people take time out to recharge.
🏖️ Holiday budget - we need your energy, so make the most of it!
✈️ Biannual company retreats and team gatherings in our hubs; our Summer Days are legendary.
🕟 Flexible working hours - Results are more important than hours on the clock: we trust you to maintain your work-life balance.
📈 Competitive salary with equity options.
What’s life like at Ready Player Me?
At Ready Player Me, expect to make an impact and be a part of an ambitious, passionate, collaborative and caring team. We're here to do the best work of our lives, and build a world, both here and in the Metaverse, that we can be proud of. Our eNPS is 82! Our focus is on working together to build outstanding experiences for our users, at the forefront of change and innovation, as the Metaverse expands. We are a trusted partner, and we continuously strive to learn together. We always seek to be smarter tomorrow than we are today. Also check out our values.