Player Experience Product Manager
Ready Player Me
Who we are
The future of digital experiences is not a single app. It's a network of millions of virtual worlds and digital experiences people visit to play games, socialize and collaborate. Today, most of those experiences are closed and disconnected walled gardens.
Ready Player Me is a cross-game avatar platform for developers, players, and leading brands. We're on a mission to break down the virtual walls to enable more open and connected worlds, and any digital experience.
We started 2021 with 24 companies using our avatar system, and we are now trusted by over 9,000 games, apps, and leading brands.
Present and future
We are backed by top investors like Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Plural, David Baszucki, co-founder of Roblox, Justin Kan, co-founder of Twitch, Sebastian Knutsson & Riccardo Zacconi, King Games co-founders, Konvoy Ventures, Endeavor and Samsung Next among many others.
Our team has built avatar systems for companies like Tencent, Huawei, HTC, and Verizon since 2014. We are working with well-known brands like Warner Bros, Adidas, Tommy Hilfiger, Dior, New Balance, and RTFKT.
With more than 9,000 developers and millions of users, Ready Player Me is the world's leading avatar platform, offering tools and services for developers to integrate into their games, apps, and virtual worlds. Users can customize their avatars to reflect their personal style and individuality and use them across thousands of interoperable worlds.
Come join us on this exciting journey and play a key role in shaping the future of how we represent ourselves in games and virtual worlds, while breaking down those virtual walls!
We are looking for a passionate and skilled Product Manager with a focus on Player Experience to join our growing product organization! As part of the player experience domain team, your contribution will play a critical role in helping thousands of developers ensure the most enjoyable user experience when creating, managing, and using avatars – whether inside partners' integrations or in the Ready Player Me Hub.
Your daily adventures will include:
- Owning the vision and roadmap for improving the player's journey and experience, focusing on what we are doing and why.
- Working on innovative projects such as virtual identity implementation in virtual worlds, XR, and blockchain technology.
- Scouting market trends and user desires, with a particular focus on the Gen Z horizon.
- Conveying a vision to lead and inspire all internal stakeholders toward a common goal that helps achieve product objectives.
- Analyzing data, proposing features, and enhancing customer experiences.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams (Product Managers, Analysts, UX/UI Designers, Engineers, and Artists) to shape the future of 3D avatars and virtual worlds.
- Being hands-on: defining User Stories in collaboration with your team, managing the backlog, and prioritizing on a day-to-day basis.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of product management experience in the digital industry.
- Expertise in creating consumer-facing products.
- A passion for crafting innovative, enjoyable, and highly engaging digital experiences that will shape our future.
- A mastery of digital trends: You stay current with the latest trends in games and digital applications, always on the lookout for the next big thing.
- A consistent drive to employ creative methods in developing MVPs, testing hypotheses, and breaking down complex problems.
- A keen analytical ability to form hypotheses, derive conclusions, and suggest ideas. You leverage both qualitative and quantitative data to set goals and inform decisions.
- A hands-on attitude, always ready to roll up your sleeves and dive in to push things forward.
As a bonus, it would be awesome if you:
- Have experience with user research and AB tests and experiments.
- Have experience with games/apps as a service (live ops).
- Have experience with monetization features.
- Love playing games.
Why you’ll love it here:
🌏 Work as a remote-first team anywhere in the world or in our Tallinn or Berlin hubs. We currently already have people in 16 countries.
📚 Personal development - exciting challenges mean a big impact. To reach the next level, we offer a personal learning budget.
💤 Flexible days off - we work hard, but it’s important for us to make sure people take time out to recharge.
🏖️ Holiday budget - we need your energy, so make the most of it!
✈️ Biannual company retreats and team gatherings in our hubs; our Summer Days are legendary.
🕟 Flexible working hours - Results are more important than hours on the clock: we trust you to maintain your work-life balance.
📈 Competitive salary with equity options
What’s life like at Ready Player Me?
At Ready Player Me, expect to make an impact and be a part of an ambitious, passionate, collaborative and caring team. We're here to do the best work of our lives, and build a world, both here and in the Metaverse, that we can be proud of. Our eNPS is 82! Our focus is on working together to build outstanding experiences for our users, at the forefront of change and innovation, as the Metaverse expands. We are a trusted partner, and we continuously strive to learn together. We always seek to be smarter tomorrow than we are today. Also check out our values.