Technical Product Manager
Ready Player Me
Who we are
The metaverse is not a single app. It's a network of millions of virtual worlds people visit to play games, socialize and collaborate. Today, most of those worlds are closed and disconnected walled gardens. Ready Player Me is a cross-game avatar platform for the builders, creators and residents of the metaverse. We're on a mission to break down the virtual walls to build a more open and connected metaverse.
For developers, we offer a plug-and-play avatar system they can integrate into their games and virtual worlds in days. For metaverse residents, we're a portable virtual identity they can use across thousands of virtual worlds.
We started 2021 with 24 companies using our avatar system, by now it's more than 7500+.
Present and future
We are backed by top investors like Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Plural, David Baszucki, co-founder of Roblox, Justin Kan, co-founder of Twitch, Sebastian Knutsson & Riccardo Zacconi, King Games co-founders, Konvoy Ventures, Endeavor and Samsung Next among many others.
Our team has built avatar systems for companies like Tencent, Huawei, HTC, and Verizon since 2014. We are working with well-known brands like Warner Bros, Dior, New Balance, and RTFKT. We’re adding partner brands all the time!
By joining us, you’ll become a part of the most experienced avatar team in the world. We’ve built industry-leading avatar systems since 2014 and we’re only getting started. Come join us on our journey and play a key role in building an open and interoperable Metaverse!
We are looking for a passionate and skilled Technical Product Manager to join our growing team and lead the success of avatar solutions, and new services! You will work along with the commercial and customer support team, development teams, and other relevant stakeholders to facilitate proof of concepts and integrations of our technologies with our partners.
Your daily adventures will include:
- Gathering business and technical requirements to create a vision of what needs to be achieved and why.
- Developing and maintaining a roadmap and a prioritized backlog of user stories in the owned product areas.
- Understanding business-to-technical and technical-to-business requirements mapping. Anticipate and capture future related requirements.
- Conveying a vision to lead and inspire all the internal stakeholders to work for a common goal that will help reach the product objectives.
- Acting as the voice of the customer when engaging with the internal stakeholders.
- Enabling commercial team, customer support, and other stakeholders via technical product training.
- Facilitating customer and partner proof of concepts and integrations inside our partners’ ecosystems and products.
What you bring:
- Strong expertise in 3D tech and/or avatars.
- Experience owning and shipping external-facing product with a strong 3D component.
- You have worked with character systems in games and are familiar with game development frameworks and engines.
- Focus on end-user and consumer behaviors in B2B scenarios.
- You are KPI driven and highly analytical and explain all product initiatives through data.
As a bonus, it would be awesome if you:
- Experience as a developer.
- Worked in a startup or scaleup before.
- Love to play games.
Why you’ll love it here:
🌏 Work as a remote-first team anywhere in the world or in our Tallinn or Berlin hubs. We currently already have people in 16 countries.
📚 Personal development - exciting challenges mean a big impact. To reach the next level, we offer a personal learning budget.
💤 Unlimited days off - we work hard, but it’s important for us to make sure people take time out to recharge.
🏖️ Holiday budget - we need your energy, so make the most of it!
✈️ Biannual company retreats and team gatherings in our hubs; our Summer Days are legendary.
🕟 Flexible working hours - Results are more important than hours on the clock: we trust you to maintain your work-life balance.
📈 Competitive salary with equity options
What’s life like at Ready Player Me?
At Ready Player Me, expect to make an impact and be a part of an ambitious, passionate, collaborative and caring team. We're here to do the best work of our lives, and build a world, both here and in the Metaverse, that we can be proud of. Our eNPS is 82! Our focus is on working together to build outstanding experiences for our users, at the forefront of change and innovation, as the Metaverse expands. We are a trusted partner, and we continuously strive to learn together. We always seek to be smarter tomorrow than we are today. Also check out our values.
Something looks off?