Senior Manager, Finance Operations and Total Rewards
Polygon (Previously Matic Network)
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Finance Operations and Total Rewards Senior Manager to join our team in Dubai, UAE. The Finance Operations and Total Rewards Senior Manager will be responsible for overseeing Finance, HR operations and Total Rewards for the Dubai and European entities. The candidate will manage the finance function within Europe and Middle East Regions including financial reporting, accounting (in house and external), payroll, benefits, and immigration services in compliance with UAE and European regulations and employment laws. In this position, you will play a critical role in fostering a positive and engaging workplace culture, promoting employee engagement, and ensuring HR compliance while building trust with key business stakeholders.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for payroll & benefits related reporting.
- Coordinate with banks and payment processors for payroll and opex related transactions.
- Handle work permits, visa support, and documentation, and liaise with government departments and DMCC regulations
- Assist with overseeing employee file management, onboarding, and exit formalities
- Manage international transfers coming to Dubai, benefits open enrollment and compensation administration
- Ensure labor law compliance and conduct reference and background checks
- Address Finance and HR-related queries from employees and provide timely resolution
- Be the key point of contact for employees based in Dubai and Europe and work closely with the People and Finance Teams
- Align with all external vendors to ensure smooth Finance and HR operationsContinuously improve employee experience and process excellence
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day activities with our immigration vendor
- Ability to handle ad-hoc project deliverables with fixed timelines as business demands grow
- Work closely with the Head of People Operations and Finance on projects and business demand
- Work with internal Finance team as well as external auditors/accounting firms for matters related to the accounting and execution of RTU’s
A Day in the Life
- Be the key point of contact for UAE/Dubai and European based members
- Closely work with People Operations and Finance team. Including act as the liaison between the 2 functions
- Address operational tasks, delegated activities, project initiatives (as applicable)Work closely with members and ensure timely resolution of queries
- Align with all People Team and Finance members via meetings, Slack, email, discussions etc
- Closely work with vendor partners, government departments, compliance teams, banks and payment processors, etc
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
About the Team
- We are a diverse global team based out of multiple countries
- We bring in diverse experience and believe in teamwork, cohesion, sharing responsibility, inclusive approach and best practice sharing
- We aim to constantly improve member experience and process excellence
- We would like to welcome a new colleague to oversee the work scope for our new Dubai entity
What you’ll need
- Hands on experience with HR, Payroll, Benefits, Visa & Immigration, legal support in UAE/Dubai Experience working with Govt agencies, Compliance bodies and Legal Counsel
- Well versed with the UAE Employment, Relocation, Visa, Mobility, compliance guidelines
- Possess end to end ownership - this person will own engagements end to end, and makes sure a partner's needs are met.
- Earn Trust (partners & stakeholders) - the ability to build a relationship, earn trust and represent the Polygon brand to our current and prospective partners.
- Deliver Results - this person needs to over-index on results delivered
- Strategic, innovative problem solver
- Ability to manage multiple on-going tasks, be flexible to change, adapt to shifting priorities, and complete last minute requests
- Self-directed, detail-oriented individual with a strong passion to contribute to the team's success
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels, including senior management, on one-to-one basis and in groups
- Highly organized with an ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- A consultative partner to employees and hiring managers on available immigration options, internal guidelines, and education on new or changing policies
- Work with key stakeholders to strategize of domestic and global employee transfers, temporary assignments, and extended business travel
- Responsible for managing all inquiries regarding global immigration case status and present available options, including displacement or transfer strategies
- Consult with internal and external subject matter experts, including management of external immigration attorney relationship relevant to issues affecting employee cross-border movement
- Conduct 1:1 conversations with employees to ensure they understand immigration terms and requirements
- Provide “White Glove” Employee ExperienceManage administrative duties, such as maintaining Public Access Files, monitoring visa expiration dates, drafting travel letters, etc.
- Monitor immigration and mobility compliance and risks.
- Partner with HRBPs, employees and appropriate business leaders to communicate immigration requirements, government procedures, and case processing times
- Initiate and manage all mobility cases and permanent transfer requests
- Experience dealing with UAE visa & immigration process preferred
- Minimum 5 years of global mobility tax, international relocation, immigration, HR, or related experience
- Located in Dubai or Europe
- Finance/accounting background with sound analytical skills including Excel or Google Sheets experience
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
Company matching 401k with 6% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
Internet or phone reimbursement
Generous & flexible PTO and country-specific holidays
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Employee Assistance Programs
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States Employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon Labs
See more open positions at Polygon (Previously Matic Network)
Something looks off?