Senior DevOps Engineer (GMT+12/GMT+8/GMT-4)
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted on Sunday, July 9, 2023
What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
At Polygon we are seeking DevOps Engineers that have development and operational experience deploying, debugging, tuning and maintaining large scale Web deployments, high-performance, low-latency distributed applications, and container-based applications and microservices. You are ready to apply the best practices for monitoring, observability, security, and infrastructure automation to the task of improving and expanding the multi-cloud platform used by our growing set of deployments.
- Working to improve and maintain the reliability and availability of our services.
- Actively troubleshooting any issues that arise during testing and deployment, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes. Work with CI/CD tools, and source control such as GIT and SVN.
- Design and scale our back-end systems and platforms, adding automation, monitoring and observability as needed to increase the ability of teams to self-manage the code they’re deploying.
- Continued technical growth through constant experimentation, learning, and rapid project iteration.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field, or 7+ years of progressive relevant experience.
- You have good knowledge of IaC tools like TerraformStrong experience with Linux-based infrastructure, and Linux/Unix system administration tasks on varied linux distributions with deep knowledge of linux fundamentals.
- Experience with Debian & RedHat derivatives like Ubuntu or CentOS & successors preferred.
- Experience with managing SQL and NoSQL databases like MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, RDS, InfluxDB, & LevelDB.
- Experience with configuration management tooling like Puppet, Chef, Saltstack, etc. Ansible is a must; Hashicorp tool experience is a bonus.
- Familiarity with Docker and other container environments along with container orchestration tools like Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Datadog, Grafana, Prometheus, etc.
- Experience with continuous Integration and continuous delivery tools, like Jenkins, CircleCI, Github Actions, etc.
- More than five years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Must have extensive AWS cloud experience and familiarity configuring, scaling, tuning and monitoring the range of AWS services.A multi-cloud background with strong experience in any of GCP in addition to AWS would be excellent.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- You have experience producing operational and design documentation for the things you build, and have written blameless post-mortem docs after troubleshooting service issues.
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
Company matching 401k with 6% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
Internet or phone reimbursement
Generous & flexible PTO and country-specific holidays
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Employee Assistance Programs
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States Employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Polygon Labs is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon Labs