Senior Technical Project Manager
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
OXIO is the world’s first telecom-as-a-service (TaaS) platform. We are democratizing telecom and making it easily accessible for brands and enterprises to fully own and operate proprietary mobile networks designed to support their own customers needs. Our TaaS solution combines multiple existing networks into one single platform that can be seamlessly managed in the cloud as a modern SaaS offering. And it gets better - with full network access comes unparalleled business intelligence and insights to help enterprises better understand customer and machine (M2M) behavior. With a continuous focus on innovation, any company can build a powerful telecom presence with OXIO, and in addition help them glean unique customer insights like never before.
OXIO is seeking a highly skilled Senior Technical Project Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating across teams from SRE, NetOPS, Telecom, and Software Engineering, ensuring seamless collaboration and delivery of projects. The ideal candidate should have at least 8 years of experience in the field, with 3+ years in a similar position.
OXIO was recently selected by Forbes as one of the Best Start-Up Employers to work for in 2023. Are you ready to join us?
How you will contribute?
- Manage and coordinate technical teams to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Develop and maintain project plans, schedules, budgets, and resource allocation
- Ensure that projects are delivered to the highest quality standards
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and issues
- Act as a liaison between technical teams and other departments
- Provide regular project status updates to stakeholders
- Drive continuous improvement by proposing process enhancements and best practices
- 8+ years managing complex technical projects, telecom or infrastructure projects being a significant plus
- 3+ years as a TPM within an Telecom, IT, Infrastructure, or similar team
- Proven experience managing cross-functional technical teams
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with working in a production environment
- Experience with servers and network devicesExperience with infrastructure automation (Ansible, AWX, Jinja, Netbox, …)
- Experience with organizing and effectively utilizing project management tools (e.g. Jira, Asana, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of data center infrastructure and deployment options
- Always thinking "What happens if this fails?"
- Strong time management, organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Autonomous in project delivery
- Strong leadership, communication and empathy
- Continuous learning mindset
- Ability to work as a team-player
- Ability to understand the business and propose improvements & novel solutions
- Ability to work remotely for an extended period of time without physical meetings with your team-mates
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and stock option incentive program
- Company contribution towards comprehensive benefit packages
- Flexible work arrangements
- Company sponsored team-lunches and company retreats
- International organization that enables you to work across boundaries, travel to different locations and enjoy the dynamics of a rapidly growing startup
- The opportunity to work with a talented and supportive team
- A diverse and inclusive team
- We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics