Head of SIM and Devices
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2023
OXIO is the world’s first telecom-as-a-service (TaaS) platform. We are democratizing telecom and making it easily accessible for brands and enterprises to fully own and operate proprietary mobile networks designed to support their own customers needs. Our TaaS solution combines multiple existing networks into one single platform that can be seamlessly managed in the cloud as a modern SaaS offering. And it gets better - with full network access comes unparalleled business intelligence and insights to help enterprises better understand customer and machine (M2M) behavior. With a continuous focus on innovation, any company can build a powerful telecom presence with OXIO, and in addition help them glean unique customer insights like never before.
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic Head of SIM and Devices to spearhead the SIM and Device team, as the team expands to support OXIO’s increasing customers and solutions portfolio.
The SIM Development & Innovation team is responsible for the (e)SIM cards and Remote SIM Provisioning technologies to help deliver OXIO’s mission of a single, global telecom. OXIO is using state-of-the-art technologies with world-wide reach to build the first and global Taas (Telecom as a Service) platform. We are looking to build tools and processes to improve on the end-user service quality, to improve the privacy and security of our customers, and to perform seamless network switching. Within that vision, the SIM is a key component that we want to empower to deliver better services to our customers.
As our Head of SIM and Devices, you need to be able to define Electronic Profiles, take full responsibility for our SIM ordering process, understand the requirements and implementing those. Programming / scripting knowledge to bit/byte-level would be a must in this role. We are looking for a hands-on person; someone who is willing to be the Product Owner for our SIM profiles. You must have excellent technical writing skills for documenting the processes.
As we grow into multiple countries and carriers it is critical we build on well defined processes. Therefore it is very important to standardize procedures for all SIM and OTA vendors to ensure OXIO is continuously delivering a single platform for our clients and end-users. We would also expect you to participate in development projects for new applets, improve the existing ones, build a better SIM orchestrator and OTA platforms, etc.
The successful candidate should be comfortable proactively working in a dynamic, highly flexible environment, bring a positive and collaborative attitude to work with an open and analytical mind
- As part of the mobile core team, you will take care of our SIM cards from an end-to end perspective; you will have the following responsibilities:
- Acting as the Product Owner for our SIM profiles / SIM vendors / SIM Applets / OTA platform
- Manage vendor relationships and work with SIM manufacturers
- Documentation of technical processes for all activities
- Standardize SIM procedures for all vendors using generic profiles and equal processes
- Experience in UICC/USIM card electric profile creation and validation in cooperation with SIM vendors (planning, bug tracking & analysis, reporting)
- Responsible for SIM customization, maintenance, and SIM reprogramming
- Handset Interaction Tracing, AuC Security Policy
- Manage the OTA APDUs, campaigns and connectivity for the OTA platform.
- Specify Acceptance test documentation and (partly) participate in the execution of these test cases
- Participate in development projects in regards to Applets and general architecture plans. You will be able to start small applet developments, test them and help the development team build better applets.
- Lifecycle of our Applets, new releases, upgrades to existing EPs, etc.
- ATP with different vendors and countries for the different Applets.
- Engineering Degree in Information Technology, Electronics or Telecommunication.
- Minimum 10 to 12 years working experience in smart card environment or in telecommunication with strong technical background in telecom, smart card and security.
- Wide knowledge of the (e)(p)SIM related technologies & environment :
- SIM Electrical profiles, SIM OTA platforms and protocols (SCP80/81, BIP…), iSIM, NFC, Javacard, Cryptography, Applets, EAP…
- SIM technology and ecosystem (SMDP+, SMP DP/SR and related protocols/interfaces…)
- Remote SIM Provisioning technologies GSMA SGP.02and GSMA SGP.22
- ETSI, 3GPP, Global Platform standard
- Javacard 2.2.2+ development and testing
- ETSI, 3GPP standards used for UICC, SIM, Toolkit and OTA features.
- GSMA SGP21/22/23, TCA SAIP.
- ISO 7816, ISO 14443.
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity; ability to focus and execute in a rapidly changing environment, take charge and make things happen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven project management skills are also a must.
- Candidates with a software developer background or QA experience in software or telecommunications is a bonus.
- Knowledge of Over the Air (OTA) SIM card change management techniques.
Our Culture and Team
- Creating a fun environment that empowers you
- Thinking about how to do things better, not how its been done
- Everything has a DRI (Directly Responsible Individual) – ownership and accountability matter
- OKR’s at the bottom should reflect OKR’s at the top
- Don’t get stressed about the future not happening fast enough: you alone can help change it
- You have the power to change one of the most important and dominant industries in modern times
- Management must lead by example with work ethic, empathy, and high expectations
- We are a diverse and inclusive organization that values diverse points of view and opinions. We believe in empowering individuals, but also realize that team collaboration drives our business forward
- OXIO has a strong technology centric culture, starting with our CEO who has led 2 startups in the space into successful exits
- Being global and distributed, English fluency ensures we can all communicate, but we place importance on understanding and embracing cultural diversity
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and stock option incentive program
- Company contribution toward healthcare
- Flexible work arrangements
- Company sponsored team lunches and company retreats
- International organization that enables you to work across boundaries, travel to different locations, and enjoy the dynamics of a rapidly growing start-up
- A diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, age, disability status or other defining characteristics