Backend Software Engineer
Orca’s mission is to become the leading provider of financial primitives on Solana. We see a future where a meaningful percentage of the world’s financial transactions is powered by CLAMMs and other Decentralized Finance (DeFi) products. We’re looking to hire another senior software engineer to accelerate our progress towards that vision.
As a team of senior contributors, we’re comfortable working around the stack but tend to be experts in a particular area. We’re looking for a like-minded generalist who can specialize in building out our backend services and infrastructure.
What you’ll do
- Design and Implement Scalable Servers in Rust: Build high-performance servers deployed on AWS that interface with the Solana network and Orca's web application.
- Develop Data Processing Pipelines: Create systems for processing blockchain data, focusing on reliability and latency.
- Advance Application Features: Leverage these servers to develop key application features such as real-time monitoring, automated transaction execution, and token balance analytics.
- Manage Database Interactions: Handle data storage and management using PostgreSQL, ensuring data integrity and efficient retrieval.
What you’ll bring
- Proven track record: You’ve worked on performant services at scale, ideally in finance or adjacent industry.
- Balanced mindset: You’re comfortable working independently in an async environment, but also enjoy coming together to collaborate as a team. You’re passionate about certain technologies and patterns, but also recognize their trade-offs in different scenarios. You don’t see everything in absolutes, and identify the underlying dimensions to make decisions.
- Excellent communicator: You articulate your thoughts and ideas clearly—and pass the mic to empower others to be heard.
- Interest in DeFi: Whether you’re completely new to DeFi or an accomplished degen, you’re excited to create a more decentralized, equitable financial system.
- Experience or interest in open source: You’re ready to make Orca fully open source and decentralized.
What we offer
- Opportunity to learn and develop Solana DeFi.
- Competitive salary and ORCA token allocation.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Budget for a new computer or other work equipment.
- Reimbursement for working from an office or café.
- Option to work remotely or from our office in New York City.
- Paid subscriptions to GitHub Copilot, ChatGPT, or other tools that make you more productive.
- Rust, Postgres, Redis, Node.js, Typescript.
- Redis and PostgreSQL and Timescale.
- Solana smart contracts written in Rust using Anchor.
- AWS CDK to provision Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Docker to develop in a stable environment.
- GitHub, Asana, Notion, Slack.
Submit an application to email@example.com, and include the following:
- CV or LinkedIn profile
- When you'd be able to start
- Short description of your background in DeFi and interest in Solana / Orca
- Code samples, example project, or portfolio of past work if available
- One interest / hobby you love to geek out about, so we can get to know you!
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information requested above. Form submissions are not monitored.