Senior Technical Product Manager (Crypto & Protocol)
We’re seeking a Senior Technical Product Manager for our Cryptography and Protocol teams.
O(1) Labs recently launched Mina Protocol, the world’s lightest blockchain (22KB - the size of a couple tweets) powered by Recursive Snarks technology. Mina’s small size blockchain solves three of the most difficult challenges in the blockchain space - privacy, scalability, and decentralization.
The Cryptography team is responsible for our revolutionary recursive proof systems Kimchi and Pickles. The Protocol team leverages these libraries to build the foundation of the Mina blockchain including consensus, networking, block production and more!
The Sr. Technical Product Manager will:
- Talk to customers and build up customer segments and ideal customer profiles
- Analyze the industry to establish trends and opportunities
- Develop product roadmap & strategy
- Identify and track metrics
- Evaluate and prioritize specific opportunities and areas of improvement (e.g. TPS, node operator experience, block time, etc) for the Mina protocol
- Develop product requirements
- Collaborate with engineering, cryptography & other teams in the O(1)Labs to design, develop, build, QA, and release new products & developer tools for the Mina protocol
- Collaborate with the ecosystem participants (e.g. node operators and developers) to address their needs, communicate product roadmap, and incorporate their feedback into product roadmap
Ideal candidates will have:
- 5+ years of previous experience in product management of one or more successful products or services
- Some understanding of blockchain or distributed systems
- Strong technical background (ideally a software engineering or CS background)
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with technical concepts such as API’s, GraphQL, blockchains or distributed systems, etc
- Experience with cryptography or proof systems is a bonus
O(1) Labs has developed the first cryptocurrency protocol that can deliver on the promise of supporting real-world applications and widespread use. Our remote team is spread across the world, and we are funded by top investors (including Polychain, Metastable, Max Levchin, and Naval Ravikant).
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $220k to $236k + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position for remote roles. Within the range, individual pay is determined by role, level, and additional factors, including job-related skills and experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
We have recently brought Mina Protocol to market, a cryptocurrency that compresses the blockchain from hundreds of gigabytes down to the size of a few tweets (22KB). Mina can scale to thousands of transactions per second and millions of users while remaining decentralized enough for cell phones to be fully verifying nodes. We're now working on catalyzing a new generation of apps powered by zero-knowledge cryptography
We believe it's important to incorporate diverse perspectives from conception through realization. This is a chance to join a small, collaborative team and have a ton of independence while working on fascinating cross-disciplinary problems that span cryptography, engineering, product design, economics, and sociology. We also offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, women, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Something looks off?