Deputy General Counsel & Head of Compliance
Mina Foundation is seeking a Deputy General Counsel & Head of Compliance to join our team. As Deputy General Counsel & Head of Compliance, you will provide legal and compliance guidance to ensure the Foundation's operations align with all relevant laws, regulations, and best practices.
Mina Foundation is a public benefit corporation serving the Mina Protocol, the world's lightest blockchain. Mina Protocol's native cryptocurrency, MINA, is the first with a small constant-size blockchain. The Foundation supports participants, strategically allocates resources, ensures network health and security, promotes adoption, and champions MINA in the wider world. Mina solves 3 of the most difficult challenges in the blockchain space: privacy, scalability, and decentralization.
Join the team realizing this vision.
As Deputy General Counsel & Head of Compliance, you will:
- Provide legal and compliance counsel to the Foundation's leadership team and employees in various areas, including regulatory compliance, corporate governance, contractual matters, intellectual property, and data privacy.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of relevant laws, regulations, and industry best practices to ensure compliance.
- Develop and implement compliance programs, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct internal investigations and audits to identify and address any potential compliance issues.
- Collaborate with external legal counsel and other advisors as necessary.
- Monitor changes in laws and regulations that may affect the Foundation's operations and advise on necessary adjustments.
- Lead and manage a team of legal and compliance professionals.
- Provide training and guidance to employees on legal and compliance matters.
- Assist with the drafting and negotiation of contracts and other legal documents.
- A Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school.
- Admission to the Bar within the relevant jurisdiction.
- At least 7 years of relevant legal experience with a focus on compliance.
- Strong knowledge of blockchain technology and the regulatory landscape surrounding cryptocurrencies.
- Experience working with global, cross-functional teams.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Mina Foundation stewards the Mina Protocol - the world's lightest blockchain, powered by participants. Our team is fully remote and globally distributed. Mina Foundation is overseen by a team of industry-leading experts.
We work on technologies with the potential to reimagine social structures. It is important to incorporate diverse perspectives from conception through realization. This is your chance to join a small, collaborative team and to work on fascinating cross-disciplinary problems that span cryptography, compliance, product design, economics, and sociology.
We offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.