Senior Product Manager
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Risk team is focused on building an unified risk platform that centrally manages all sources of Risk for Coinbase, to accelerate growth at Coinbase by enabling and confidently managing the financial threats to both the business and to our users.
An area of key focus for us within the Risk team is to manage the Credit risk poised to Coinbase as a business, because of the financing products offered to its Institutional and retail customers and also the market risk that Coinbase has to factor because of the crypto assets and external factors/events. To deliver on this, we are building the best-in-class credit risk systems to help our product teams & ecosystem partners to power financing at scale, while managing our credit losses within desirable levels.
What you’ll be doing (i.e., job duties):
- Own the product vision, metrics for Credit and Market Risk
- Manage the entire product life cycle from planning to execution
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, design and other cross-functional teams to develop product design and quarterback rapid delivery of new capabilities and features to customers
- Define and analyze metrics to guide product development
- Align teams on a shared vision and steer execution on that vision
- Communicate progress on initiatives to cross-functional partners and executive leadership
What we look for in you (i.e., job requirements):
- 7+ years of product management or product development experience - or significant relevant domain expertise and a passion for learning new skills
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, relationship management and organizational skills
- Deep analytical, prioritization and problem solving abilities, and the ability to work effectively with incomplete or ambiguous information
- Experience shipping new and iterating on successful products at scale
- Demonstrated leadership, ideally evidence of the ability to guide product strategy and create alignment with senior engineers, designers, and cross-functional partners
- Demonstrated passion for cryptocurrency, financial markets, and the Coinbase mission
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work independently and succeed in a fast-paced environment
Nice to haves:
- Passionate about crypto and/or its intersection with traditional financial markets
- Background and domain experience working with Financing Products or Institutional customers, ideally in Prime Brokerage/Securities Lending, Derivatives, Swaps or Delta-On
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Something looks off?