Senior Director, Head of Consumer Business Development
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Business Development team is responsible for creating and managing relationships with strategic partners that support Coinbase’s business objectives. The team focuses on leading net new partnerships which drive growth for Coinbase’s products, advance Coinbase’s strategic priorities, and/or support the growth of the crypto/web3 ecosystem.
Coinbase is seeking a seasoned Business Development leader to spearhead efforts for our flagship Consumer business. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, establishing scaled commercial partnerships, turning strategic insight into action, and managing high performing teams across geos.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties): To be completed by all business teams except Eng.
- Lead teams responsible for developing and executing a partnership strategy to accelerate Coinbase’s global growth, including identifying the highest priority opportunities for Coinbase to pursue, sourcing opportunities, overseeing partner due diligence, and managing deal execution and ongoing relationship management.
- Oversee high impact cross-functional partnership initiatives, working with key stakeholders across product, finance, marketing, communications, legal, compliance, and more.
- Deliver recommendations to senior team members that help shape go-to-market and growth strategies for Coinbase’s flagship consumer-facing products.
- Cultivate relationships with senior executives across Coinbase and with key partners, including C-level executives and entrepreneurs.
- Build and maintain high-performing teams by providing coaching, mentoring, and professional development opportunities.
- Lead the enhancement of our existing systems and processes to continually improve team efficiency.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements): To be completed by all business teams except Eng.
- 10+ years of relevant Partnerships/Business Development experience within the fintech / tech industries.
- Experience managing deal-related teams and highly cross-functional processes, with a knack for delivering tangible results.
- You are a strong communicator comfortable presenting to senior executives internally/externally, in both small and large settings.
- Natural product and commercial instincts, and a passion for understanding new technologies.
- You are a creative and structured thinker with excellent analytical and problem solving skills who thrives in high-pressure environments.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with a track record of building and managing high-performing sales teams.
Nice to haves:
- Direct experience in financial services, especially if focused on crypto-related initiatives.
- MBA or advanced degree.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please complete this intake form to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.