Design Operations Manager
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As Design Operations Manager in Coinbase’s Creative Studio, you are at the forefront of one of the most dynamic spaces in creative marketing. The team operates at the intersection of art, culture, community, technology, and finance. Reporting to our Sr. Director, Creative Production & Operations and partnering with our Design Director, you’ll be responsible for building and optimizing our brand design discipline. You’ll be at the center of the action overseeing design and motion projects in a variety of shapes and sizes - from large scale brand and product campaigns with month long timelines, to quick turnaround assets needed same-day.
You’ll partner with internal creatives, producers, strategists, and marketers, to develop and deliver industry-leading creative that breaks through and connects deeply with its audience. Your work will span all mediums, traditional and non-traditional, and help artfully articulate the vision for the future crypto economy, and thoughtfully show how our products are differentiated from others in the space.
To do all of this you’ll need a background of delivering creative work for world-class brands & products across all media, with significant experience establishing and managing design teams and processes, inclusive of motion design.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Partner with our Design Director to establish and maintain brand standards and tool-kits for the Coinbase brand, as well as individual products, campaigns and events. Ultimately being responsible for distributing these tools internally and externally.
- Resource manage team of full-time and contract design and motion talent. Distributing and managing their work-loads. Consistently prioritizing and re-prioritizing. Includes communicating resource utilization.
- Collaborate with Producer and Marketing counterparts to in-take design and motion requests - big and small. Planning, prioritizing and communicating expectations for production and delivery of those requests.
- Source, on-board and oversee design and motion contractors and agency partners to efficiently scale up and down with the needs of the business.
- Lead select design and motion projects and efforts between multiple stakeholders and teams within Coinbase. Manage requests, stakeholder expectations, project priorities.
- Manage pipeline of existing and new projects and collaborate with Sr. Director of Creative Production and Creative Production counterparts to cast the people and/or external partners best suited for the work.
- Enable all design and motion talent and agency partners with the tools and resources necessary to do their best work.
What We Look For In You:
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience).
- 8+ years of design operations experience for an Agency, Studio, and/or internal Brand Marketing team.
- Expertise in design production across various marketing mediums including broadcast, print, OOH, events, league and influencer partnerships, and brand design.
- Experience sourcing and on-boarding contract design and motion talent, as well as design and motion agency partners.
- Prowess in design and motion resource management with stellar origination and communication.
- Comfort working in a high growth, continuously evolving environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interest in crypto and a passion to drive the economic freedom it can offer.
- Deep understanding of design and motion landscape and relationships with top talent Globally.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to lead in-house design and motion work, as well as oversee the work of agency partners.
Job #: P54096
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please complete this intake form to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.