Blockchain Security Engineer
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
At Coinbase, we believe that securely building on-chain products is one of our key differentiators. Blockchain Security is essential in continuing to instill our customer’s trust in Coinbase and the Crypto Economy.
Blockchain Security is an innovative security field, requiring new best practices to securely develop blockchain systems. Our work is varied and spans both on-chain and off-chain systems — from secure storage of and access to key management infrastructure off-chain to providing safe infrastructure for developers and users to interact with dApps, tokens, and other on-chain infrastructure.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Perform security assessments and threat modeling of various blockchain protocols and smart contracts
- Identify top blockchain security risks and build strategies to deal with them
- Assist the team in building new frameworks, analysis tools, and security products
- Establish best practices and engage with product and engineering teams to get them adopted
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- You have a good knowledge of blockchain systems, like popular L1 and L2 networks
- You have at least 1 year of experience in Blockchain Security with some exposure to the latest blockchain security tech
- You have at least 3 years of experience and solid foundation in information security
- You are proficient in writing code in a programming language of choice (preferably Golang)
- You have an energy and self-drive for continuous learning as crypto is a constantly and rapidly changing space
- You excel in clear, direct, and kind communication with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You have ability to develop relationships with security, product, and engineering teams
- You balance long term strategic thinking with short term tactical planning
Nice to haves:
- You have experience in blockchain monitoring tech
Position ID: P54412
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please complete this intake form to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.