Senior Product Manager
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Enterprise Applications & Architecture (EAA) Team acts as a catalyst for Coinbase by using best-in-class, 3rd-party, enterprise applications; purpose-built software; automation; and integrated workflows – all of which free associates’ minds and time to focus on high-judgment tasks.
The Business Unit Delivery team is a vital part of Coinbase’s Enterprise Applications and Architecture org, responsible for building and supporting applications used by our business unit partners on a daily basis to perform their work tasks.
We would like to add a Product Manager supporting the People Team to support building best in class people service tooling at Coinbase. You will be joining an agile team that is focused on delivering value. We are seeking individuals who thrive in a continuous learning and high level of ownership environment and who are committed to performing within a championship team.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Manage ideation, business cases, demand and roadmaps for HR Initiatives
- Work with stakeholders to understand business needs and requirements on key Initiatives for technology solutions,
- Develop and manage project plans and the project lifecycle, including the annual product capabilities roadmap
- Design and improve product features that solve problems in simple and scalable ways
- Map business KPI and assists in business process documentation where necessary on project initiatives
- Accountable for Internal Customer personas and Internal Customer Journey
- Develop, draft, and spearhead complex workflows
- Create and articulate vision for product development to support our internal customers
- Effectively communicate with all levels of staff, including executive level stakeholders
- Recommend build, buy, or partner for key capabilities required to deliver solutions
- Work within and plan against a defined release schedule
- Recommend new methods for efficiency to support our key business partners
- Conduct Demos to business users of capabilities completed
- Run User Acceptance Testing and Sign-off on behalf of the business, as needed
- Perform business operational activities, as needed
- Plan and coordinate across multiple engineering teams
- Spearhead change management activities to drive successful adoption of capabilities
- Define and analyze metrics that mature the Product Management function
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Business Administration desired
- 5+ years experience, preferably in business applications development, technology consulting, product management, or technical program management for internal products
- Process and business understanding in the domains of the overall Employee lifecycle: Headcount Management, Talent Management, Compensation, Payroll, Benefits
- Working knowledge of several SAAS Applications in the HR domain (Workday, Greenhouse, or similar) and related integrations
- Experience in successfully applying Lean, Agile, or process improvement to previous workflows
- Expert at coordinating highly technical XFN teams and delivering value to our customers effectively
- High proficiency in Jira, Slack, and G Suite
- Willingness to learn and apply processes unique to the challenges at Coinbase
- Ability to build relationships with key business stakeholders to understand business strategy
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical partners in order to drive alignment
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Retool, Workday Extend, Learning Management Systems, or custom built applications.
- Previous work experience in technology startups
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please complete this intake form to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.