Senior Representative & Country Head Bermuda
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Country Head and Senior Representative of Bermuda will be responsible for overseeing Coinbase Bermuda’s local presence and providing a direct line point of contact for the local regulator. This role will support expansion and growth within the region while providing early detection and alerting of any potential risks to the local regulator.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Further Coinbase mission and culture in region, hire top local talent
- Play a key role in supporting major regulatory/policy efforts, and subsequently ensuring that Coinbase operates in full compliance with applicable local regulatory requirements
- Be the face of Coinbase in the country, including media engagements, conferences and industry forums, and in meetings with local clients and regulators
- Oversee Coinbase’s local offices, reporting into our Regional Managing Director
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Design counterparts to create products and user experiences highly-adapted to the needs of local clients.
- Support Coinbase’s expansion strategy, including evaluation and recommendation of growth options based on market analysis
- Accelerate Coinbase’s strategic partnerships, M&A and venture bets; stay on top of market trends and competitive dynamics
- Partner closely with other global teams across the globe to ensure smooth operation of the business and to ensure that Coinbase’s brand and values are reflected locally
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Must have entrepreneurial experience founding (or operating as CEO) a tech or fintech company in the Bermuda market, and growing it to a sizable share of market share in revenue and/or monthly transacting users
- Solid understanding of the Bermuda regulated payment services and financial services landscape, particularly with respect to fintech and the Digital Assets Business Act (DABA) and its related Bermuda laws and regulations.
- Past experience in engaging with regulators and managing a business/business unit subject to regulatory oversight. Be the early warning alert to the Bermuda Monetary Authority on non-compliance with DABA and such rules, regulations, codes and directions
- Great communication skills in English and the ability to work effectively in remote-first organization, implementing global standards while ensuring that local requirements are met
- Good understanding of how the various functions of a regulated financial services business operate (e.g. Compliance, Finance, Risk, Treasury, Audit, Outsourcing)
- Keen interest in crypto/blockchain (expertise not a prerequisite but willingness to learn essential)
- Self-starter who is excited at the prospect of growing a business in a fast developing sector
- Pragmatic and solutions-oriented - always looking for more efficient and effective ways to do things
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience working in a multinational / US-headquartered business
- Experience with retail-oriented payments, trading, or brokerage platforms
- Previous work experience or personal interest in crypto/blockchain space
Job #: P52131
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.