QA Team Lead
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The QA lead will work as part of the Compliance Operations Quality Assurance team, which is responsible for conducting Quality Assurance audits on Transaction Monitoring alerts, US Investigations and Suspicious Activity Reports. You will be working with senior stakeholders from CX and Compliance. In your day-to-day role you will be responsible for cases allocations, procedural updates, creation and presentation of metrics, training of new analysts, conducting check and challenge reviews and working on providing a feedback loop on QA results and findings.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Act as a directly responsible individual for the US Escalations Quality Assurance programme for CX
- Complete weekly allocations of cases to be audited by analysts
- Produce weekly metrics providing a detailed overview of the errors identified in audits and QA scores
- Present the QA results to senior stakeholders in weekly meetings
- Manage Critical Error Remediation validation process
- Act as a trusted point of contact for escalations and high priority issues related to your scope
- Review disputes and make the decision based on the existing documented process and regulatory requirements
- Implement new QA rubrics and frameworks
- Achieve service level agreements and quality metrics for your line of business, at the individual and team level
- Identify process gaps and work with stakeholders within CX and financial crime to improve the process
- Collaborate with internal support teams across Data Analytics, Escalations teams, Financial Crime Compliance, and L&D to help launch or improve existing processes and workflow
- Utilize an in-depth understanding of metrics to drive data-driven recommendations
- Continuously add value through effective impact analysis, prioritization and efficient execution of projects.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5+ Years hands-on experience in executing QA, Audit, or Compliance Testing programs across a diverse range of financial services/products
- Experience in working across multiple AML systems and programs simultaneously (e.g., experience in combinations of KYC, AML, and sanctions
- Working knowledge of BSA/AML laws, regulations, and rules for financial services/products
- Track record of delivering work outcome to budget and meeting quality standards
- Experience in assisting, developing, and producing metrics and reporting
- Strong written/verbal communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Highly-motivated, analytical, organized, innovative, and adaptive
- Multi-tasking ability, team-oriented, and a self-starter
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with global partners in other functional units
- Exceptional work ethic and flexibility to work extended hours to meet deadlines, when necessary
- Ability to work with limited direction from management when situations occur
- Intermediate to advanced level in PowerPoint/Google Slides and Excel/Google Sheets
Nice to haves:
- Vendor management experience
- Experience at crypto exchanges or in financial services, ideally in payments, trading operations or technical support.
- Experience in project management or analytics or quality assurance.
- Advanced degree in business, finance or legal
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA and Salesforce Service Cloud
Position ID - P34766
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $96,475 to $113,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Something looks off?