Senior Manager, CX Retail Operations
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Coinbase Customer Experience (CX) organization is on a Mission to provide the most trusted and value added Customer support in Web3. Our team is dedicated to eliminating customer pain points, empowering our global user base via self-service and automation, and optimizing customer support interactions to create an effortless experience.
As a Senior Manager of Global Customer Support Operations you will lead a team of highly motivated customer support professionals whose performance is critical to Coinbase achieving its mission. Using your customer support, operations and team management skills you will play a crucial role ensuring we deliver an outstanding customer experience globally. You will be leading the strategic scaling of captive and outsourced operations as well as tactically executing daily through mechanisms you will implement.
As a Senior Manager, you will also be responsible for the delivery of front-line customer support, which entails building, growing and managing a high performing and diverse team across co-located and remote teams supporting a global customer base through multiple contact channels. You will work with other global leaders, internal stakeholders and outsourced vendor partners to achieve a seamless customer experience and scale in a thoughtful, effective way.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Responsible for leading an operation that spans across both outsource providers and full time employees as well as leadership. Providing support for our customers across multiple channel types.
- Act as a proactive inspiring leader across the wider Customer Experience organization, with a strong bias to action and the ability to contribute to overall organizational strategy and direction.
- Act with urgency to ensure priority items are progressed through having a bias to action and focusing on the 20% of work that will get us 80% of the impact.
- Hire, lead and develop a diverse, high performing team, setting up the organization for success through investments in career growth.
- Define and deliver on operational-level OKR’s and service levels, enabling operational excellence across all aspects of the customer journey.
- Collaborate closely with partner teams including Program, Analytics, WFM, Quality, Technology, and Learning & Development to ensure you can deliver on your goals.
- Utilize a laser focused, customer facing team to collect thoughtful feedback by directly gathering “Voice of the Agent and/or Customer” sentiment and feedback.
- Utilize an in-depth understanding of metrics, reporting, capacity planning and financials to make informed data-driven decisions.
- Drive weekly, monthly, and quarterly vendor business reviews to instill customer focus and operational excellence culture across all tiers of support.
- Thoughtfully delegate tactical responsibilities and set performance expectations across the organization.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and crafting a seamless support experience for our global customer base, including a deep passion for products within the broader crypto space.
- 7+ years of proven experience in financial services, technology and/or customer support leading large teams (100-500+) across multiple countries/ regions.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience working with global outsourcing providers and senior leadership.
- Subject matter expertise in customer support, payments (fiat or crypto), compliance, risk operations and/or client services.
- Track record of developing and implementing mechanisms that enabled quality to scale 10x.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meeting the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization.
- Hybrid role, requiring 2-3 days per week working at a physical location in Manila.
- Travel requirements up to 20% to Coinbase offices and vendor locations (depending on business need).
Nice to haves:
- Advanced degree in business, finance, customer experience and/or crypto.
- Deep understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
Job # P22305
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Something looks off?