Director, Technical Program Management
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
In this role, you will serve as a leader on the Strategic Programs team, guiding your organization to deliver technical, large scale cross-functional efforts across Coinbase. Strategic Programs serves as the program management arm of the company, and plays a pivotal role in ensuring we can build, scale, and maintain the best products and experiences for our users.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Serve as a proactive thought leader across the global organization, with a bias towards action and the ability to contribute to strategy.
- Lead the efforts of a team of experienced product managers and technical program managers. Work to continually uplevel and improve our tools, processes, and capabilities, and serve as a talent magnet who can hire and develop top talent.
- Oversee large scale projects that are highly complex & cross functional - and often technical - in nature
- Ensure cross functional alignment of goals & execution for new Company initiatives
- Be accountable for roadmap delivery across a portfolio of initiatives, including adoption and success criteria as defined by you and your stakeholders
- Work with your team to manage requirements documentation, milestone mapping, prioritization, and communication to facilitate project collaboration & executive reporting
- Monitor program status across the portfolio and rapidly identify issues / risks. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution
- Create role clarity for yourself and all parties involved
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 10+ years of experience in a program management, engineering, or product management capacity, including at least 3 years in tech.
- 5+ years of people management experience leading high-performing teams to deliver technical initiatives from inception to delivery
- Technical program management experience with B2C products
- Track record of attracting, developing, and growing talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proven track record of building collaborative relationships with executives and senior leadership
- Willingness to serve as a “player-coach” working alongside your teams to deliver best possible execution in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Passion for crypto and the ability to grow economic freedom in the world
Nice to haves:
- Technical academic degree or experience
- Prior experience in the crypto / web3 industry
Job #: P24670
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Something looks off?