Coin Metrics is a leading provider of cryptoasset data for institutions. We deliver transparent and actionable data and analytics to various industry stakeholders including asset managers, custodians, trading venues, research desks, and data/application providers. Coin Metrics’ data empowers its clients and the public to better understand, use and value open crypto networks.
Join a fast-paced startup pioneering novel metrics, data products, and intelligence solutions, which offer insights into the economics, markets, usage, health, and other aspects of public cryptocurrency blockchains like Bitcoin and Ethereum and other crypto networks.
You will be surrounded by talented people passionate about decentralized economies and the data behind them. Break new ground, create exciting new data-driven research and products, and help shape the future of finance.
Coin Metrics is seeking an experienced Cloud Architect to join our team. As a Cloud Architect, you will be responsible for designing and implementing secure, scalable, and reliable cloud solutions to support our growing platform. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of cloud infrastructure, architecture, and design principles, and will be comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Designing and implementing cloud solutions that meet the needs of our platform and customers
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- Building and maintaining scalable, secure, and fault-tolerant infrastructure using best practices
- Developing and maintaining cloud infrastructure automation, configuration management, and monitoring tools
- Ensuring all systems and services are highly available and scalable, with minimal downtime
- Managing and optimizing cloud costs by identifying and implementing cost-saving measures
- Developing and maintaining disaster recovery plans and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with relevant security standards and regulations
YOUR EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Expert-level knowledge of configuring/managing Kubernetes in a production environment
- 5+ years experience architecting, building, and scaling public SaaS services using one or more of AWS, GCP, Azure
- 5+ years experience working with managed Postgres for large datasets
- Experience using Time Series or Graph Databases
- 5+ years of experience operating a public Cloud service within a compliance environment (SOC2, FedRamp, ISO, etc.)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- You've been a Lead for a project to migrate services from self-hosted to Cloud
- You have experience migrating and managing large datasets across Cloud providers
- You have experience with Prometheus and Grafana for metrics and alerting
- Experience leading Incident Management Policy/Process, handling incidents in production, running retrospectives, delivering RCAs
- Infrastructure and Network Security experience
- Interest in crypto and cryptoassets
LIFE AT COIN METRICS
Coin Metrics is a fun and fast-paced team with staff members located in 8 countries. We are united by our OPEN (Open, Pioneering, Elucidating, and Neutral) core values. Our employees are empowered to do what’s best for our products, customers, and team members. Other benefits of working at Coin Metrics include:
- Competitive salary, 401(k) retirement plan, bonus and options plans
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision
- Remote or hybrid work options
- Paid time off
- Global company offsites
Coin Metrics is an employer committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coin Metrics will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coin Metrics participates in the E-Verify program where applicable, as required by law.