Head of Growth
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
At 3Box Labs we are on a mission to usher in a new era for the web, where data is secure, interactions are trustworthy, and relationships are the basis of connection. We're enabling online experiences that are delightful and integrated while also bolstering privacy and freeing innovation. Our first product, Ceramic, is the building block for composable data on the web and is powering thousands of the world's most ambitious applications.
We're backed by an incredible community and the best investors in the space (USV, Placeholder, Variant, Multicoin) who have deep conviction in our mission. We are a lean, voraciously curious team from across the globe, with 5 years of expert remote work experience and frequent (and awesome) team retreats to spend time together. We have founded tech startups, written books, won product awards, authored patents, created Ethereum standards, and advised F100 CEOs.
Come help us tackle novel challenges and reinvent how data is managed online. Every one of our roles is remote first (retreat often!). We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team because we cannot succeed in our mission without it. People that identify with groups traditionally underrepresented in tech are particularly encouraged to apply.
As Head of Growth at 3Box Labs, you’ll massively accelerate how we reach, attract, convert, and enable developers and entrepreneurs to build in Ceramic’s open data ecosystem. You will be directly responsible for marketing and community, captain unified GTM efforts across those functions plus BD & DevRel, and partner closely with Product and Engineering to help us rapidly accelerate our market fit for a highly technical audience and product. You will report directly to founder & Head of Company Danny Zuckerman and join the leadership team.
Success looks like…
- We’re running multiple experiments per week to generate developer interest and boost conversion. We ship and learn fast (with a mix of data & intuition) to keep improving our ROI and growth strategy.
- We’ve 10x’d (🤯) our top-of-funnel within 12 months, attracting 3000 new developers per week (up from 300-500 today). A constant drumbeat of activity, content and community engagement places us at the heart of conversation & awareness around web3 data.
- Top of funnel developers are consistently converted into quality customer leads (15 per week), community members (60+ per week), and useful feedback. You work closely with Product to capture feedback and data to refine the DX funnel and with BD to efficiently target and convert leads.
- We’re consistently spreading a compelling narrative that ties our tech to real value and memorable stories. You create great content. Our top customers and partners promote for us and our thriving community drive enviable word of mouth growth and scalable support, with hundreds of developers and dozens of ambassadors active across platforms.
- We have a well-oiled GTM motion: tightly coupled with product & engineering delivery, uniting Devrel, BD and marketing efforts, and incorporating new developments from the ecosystem as well as our own core team.
- You set an incredibly high bar for resourcefulness and quality, internally and with external resources when used. If you expand efforts to include PR, events, brand campaigns, designers, etc. you ensure that new efforts and resources are consistently high quality and ROI.
You're likely a good fit if you...
- Rapidly develop good hypotheses for action, can run a ton of experiments quickly, and are not fazed by uncertainty. You operate fast and rally teams to operate fast too, while keeping a high bar for quality.
- Have a track record growing developer products, ideally in web3 or open source, and can quickly become a market expert for cutting edge decentralized data infrastructure. You can keep up with technical developments in conversation, partner effectively with Product & Engineering leaders on roadmap tradeoffs and strategy, and hold your own talking to engineers externally.
- Have a track record of impressive impact and getting things done. You model resourcefulness, startup scrappiness, and a growth mindset. You are a hungry doer.
- Have deep experience in at least one growth function (preferably marketing) and are comfortable enough across marketing, community, developer relations, and BD to captain a unified growth effort.
- Are a player-coach, moving fluidly between company strategy and detailed execution. You set clear goals and priorities, bring the team focus and clarity amidst uncertainty, and drive great execution & results for yourself and the team.
- Are personally motivated by our mission to create a more open, vibrant and fair internet built on shared data.
Salary range: $186-$238K depending on seniority and location. We understand everyone's risk preferences and life situation is different so we can offer flexibility here. Our goal is to extend a fair and exciting offer, while preserving fairness across the team.
Care: We work with passionate teammates committed to a shared purpose and support each other to work better and live well.
Act with intention: We are thoughtful doers who put as much into why and how we do something as what we do.
Go further, together: Our mission is too big for us alone. We cultivate trust, ask for help, and build momentum together.
Drive incredible impact: We aim for massive impact and we deliver.
Benefits and Perks
*Our benefits align with our values and operating model - we want everyone to help own and drive our purpose in their own way, with compensation and benefits to match.
*Generous equity for everyone
*Competitive salary that is fair across the globe
*Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
*Budgets for learning, thought leadership, and community events
*In person team retreats twice a year