Management Company Controller
Accounting & Finance
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Alliance is the leading crypto accelerator and founder community. Since early 2020, we've helped the top 1% of crypto founders start and grow their companies. We do so through a 12-week program that culminates in Demo Day, the most prestigious Web3 spotlight. Alliance Accelerator graduates gain entry to Alliance DAO, an alumni community of exceptional crypto founders.
Alliance started in early 2020 as the “DeFi Alliance” working with founders who were building the very first decentralized finance applications. By helping these early projects source liquidity from professional trading firms, they became market leaders with a combined valuation of over a billion dollars. Leveraging our early success, we broadened our mission and now offer best-in-class acceleration across all verticals in crypto.
Alliance Accelerator. A 12-week program featuring talks from leading experts, hands-on mentorship, Demo Day and more. Teams can expect a minimum of 20 hours of dedicated mentorship, over 20 lectures from industry experts and an exclusive Demo Day, covered by TechCrunch, and attended by more than 300 of crypto’s best investors.
Alliance DAO. Following demo day, accelerator graduates can join Alliance DAO — an alumni community of over 300 founders. Here they’ll find continued support from one another, from Alliance mentors, as well as access to exclusive tools including our community web app (”Space”), where they can connect with fellow founders and more.
What We Offer
🤩 Work with world-class crypto founders, investors, and other industry leaders and be exposed to the most exciting projects working at the cutting edge of crypto
🤝 Join a growing team with a strong reputation, investment portfolio, and accelerator business led by experienced entrepreneurs who have founded some of the leading companies in the industry
💰 Competitive salary
📈 Competitive equity compensation
🏝 Unlimited vacation policy
🦷 Medical, dental, and vision
🏡 A remote work environment with an international and diverse team
Management Company Controller
Location: New York City or Remote
Compensation: Competitive salary plus fund carry
Start Date: Immediate
Alliance is seeking an experienced Controller to be accountable for all aspects of accounting, tax, financial reporting/modeling, payroll and accounts payable/receivable.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience as a controller or accountant. This is a heavily operational role. The ideal candidate should thrive on organization, task execution/completion, security and other best practices, and have a desire to scale and streamline processes.
You will report directly to the CFO/COO and work closely with the Fund Controller.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all areas of accounting inclusive of financial statements, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax, equity management, and compliance
- Maintain accounting systems to ensure GAAP compliance, financial reporting, performance reporting, and financial viability
- Produce monthly and quarterly financials
- Produce quarterly and annual budgets and forecasts
- Assist in annual tax filings working with third-party tax preparers
- Oversee cash management, budgeting, and accounts payables/receivables
- Oversee payroll and payroll-related tax and compliance matters
- Operate company equity management systems and assist in preparation of employee award agreements
- Ensure compliance with domestic and foreign regulatory agencies
- Monitor and approve employee expense and conference reimbursements and business expense requests
- 4+ years experience as a controller or accountant (or related audit or tax experience)
- Expert in spreadsheets (Excel/Google Sheets)
- Expert in Quickbooks or equivalent (Xero, Netsuite, etc.)
- Experience with remote work tools like Slack, Google Workspace, and Notion
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Entrepreneurial spirit and high agency (self-driven with keen ability to identify areas of improvement and bring ideas/projects through to completion)
Highly Desired Attributes
- Experience as a controller or accountant for an investment management company
- Experience in fintech and/or crypto/Web3 venture
- CPA desired, not required
Alliance At A Glance
Alliance focuses on venture capital, incubators, accelerators, bitcoin, ethereum, cryptocurrency, and blockchains. We are a remote team of 20+.