Lead Product Designer
Who is 4K?
4K enables anyone to bring physical assets on-chain by transforming real-world items into physically-backed NFTs. We’re building a decentralized coordination layer for the physical world — a new Web3 primitive — transforming the way physical assets can interact with the blockchain and enabling humanity to transact in trustless, permissionless, and never-before-seen ways.
Imagine a global network with thousands of nodes, each responsible for ensuring that a physical asset stored on the blockchain is legitimate, accessible, and protected. We’re building this foundational protocol along with a suite of applications that can run on top of it — starting with a marketplace for physically-backed NFTs.
Why what we’re building matters:
- We’re creating digital property rights for physical assets
- Dramatically more efficient marketplace transactions — lower fees, no managing physical inventories
- Secure and insured storage — keep your assets on-chain, not collecting dust in your house
- Collateralize and take loans against your physical assets using Decentralized Finance applications
- Bring your Physical Assets into the Metaverse, online games, and state-of-the-art Web3 applications
- Form DAOs to Acquire Physical Assets
We have backgrounds as NASA JPL engineers, DEFCON CTF winners, and Wharton & Harvard graduates. We raised $3M from several of the world's top blockchain VCs (Electric Capital, Consensus Capital, Crosscut VC, and more) and angel investors.
"Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you. And you can change it, you can influence it... Once you learn that, you’ll never be the same again.” ― Steve Jobs
Who Are You?
Are you obsessed with blockchain technology? Are you willing to own the product end to end? Do you see the potential for NFTs? Are you interested in helping to show others the light? If these questions resonate with you and you are an experienced product designer, we would love to hear from you.
- Elevate the role of design within the company
- Learn about the latest blockchain technology
- Work cross-functionally (design, engineering, support, sales, marketing, product, research) to iterate on 4K products
- Partner with executive team to understand and identify opportunities
- Conduct user research sessions both independently and in partnership with UX research and communicate findings to product and engineering teams
- Design simple but elegant product flows from start to finish
- Create prototypes and product iterations
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with engineering to ship pixel-perfect designs
- Provide systems thinking that solves design problems at scale, both strategically and tactically
- Comfortable switching between high-level vision thinking to hands-on pixel work
- Create integrated experiences where brand, interaction and tech complement one another
- From 3 to 5 years experience in a UI design role
- Proven track record of website design projects
- Ability to rapidly generate and iterate ideas
- Ability to drive the project to completion with attention to detail and execution
- Experience in driving simultaneous projects from conception to completion
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Understanding of design systems and production specifications
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a rapidly evolving environment
- Good communication skills
- Power-user with Figma design tool
Further Relevant Experience
- Familiarity in the blockchain space
- SVG animation working knowledge
- CSS working knowledge
- Data visualisation skills
- Illustration Skills
What You Will Like At 4K
- You will join a world-class team that is pioneering a market where no startup has yet managed to establish itself
- As we are still early stage and our environment is fast-paced, your impact will be direct and you will have a great contribution on the company’s success
- We encourage open communication and have a good working environment for people to flesh out their creativity. At 4K, you can continue to learn and grow in a collaborative and iterative way of working.
Benefits of working at 4K
- Robust variety of project types
- Work with exciting brands
- Build applications at the forefront of blockchain technology
- Salary and equity benefits for this role are highly competitive and commensurate with experience. 4K is an equal opportunity employer.
- 4K is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation during the interview process, please advise your company contact.