Data Research Scientist
Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2023
About This Role
As a data research scientist, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the stakeholders on alpha research, focusing primarily on idea generation, data gathering, research/analysis, model implementation, and backtesting for systematic equity strategies.
- Researching & implementing strategies & Machine Learning methods for signal generation and portfolio optimization
- Building efficient and scalable strategies & Machine Learning pipelines for research to be leveraged in the trading environment.
- Combining financial insights and statistical learning techniques to explore, analyze, and harness a variety of datasets to build strong predictive models for deployment in the investment process.
- Collaborating with the stakeholders in a transparent environment, actively engaging in the entire investment process.
- Presenting research findings and recommendations to the senior management team, contributing to the company's overall strategic direction.
- Staying current with the latest developments in the finance and cryptocurrency industries, including attending conferences, workshops, and networking events.
- Publishing high-quality research papers in leading academic journals and presenting findings at relevant conferences, showcasing the company's thought leadership in the finance and cryptocurrency sectors.
- Working autonomously and demonstrating a high level of rigor in your research and analysis.
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree in a quantitative subject such as Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field from a top-ranked university.
- 2-5 years of machine learning experience.
- A proven track record of producing high-quality research related to the finance field.
- Strong knowledge of quantitative methods and techniques, such as time series analysis, machine learning, optimization, and Monte Carlo simulation.
- Understanding of financial engineering theory and mathematical tools in finance, such as stochastic calculus, partial differential equations, and optimization techniques.
- Familiarity with programming languages commonly used in finance and data analysis, such as Python, R, or C++.
- Proficient in database management, including SQL and NoSQL systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex research findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A strong interest in learning and working in the rapidly evolving world of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
- 2-5 years of experience working in a quantitative research capacity focusing on digital assets.
- Knowledge of financial markets, instruments, and trading strategies, with a focus on cryptocurrencies and digital assets.
- Experience with high-performance computing, parallel processing, or cloud computing platforms.
- Strong preference for candidates coming from quantitative trading firms but open to individuals from banks as well.
This role is based in Zurich and will be expected to work from our Zurich office in a hybrid model Monday - Wednesday.