Analyst, Investment Strategy and Operations
About the Role
The Analyst will work as a member of the ETP and Trading Operations team, assisting in all phases of the portfolio management, trading and product lifecycle, from initial research through implementation and ongoing support.
21.co relies on the Investment Strategy and Operations team to implement the investment strategies across all 21.co products and build out the trading and operational capabilities of the company. The Operations team is responsible for creating and maintaining the platform to support the trade life cycle and monitor performance, compliance and risk across all 21.co products. A day in the life includes participation in portfolio implementation, rebalancing portfolios, settlements, and NAV oversight amongst other responsibilities.
The nature of this role requires detailed technical knowledge of trading operations and digital assets, the ability to devise and effectively communicate solutions and to build strong relationships with internal teams, senior Business Heads, and vendors. The Analyst will work with various stakeholders across the industry including, authorized participants, liquidity providers, custodians, fund accountants, trading, and market making communities.
- Prototyping of workflows and ideas
- Help build Business Requirements to automate internal functions
- Leverage external data analytical sandbox to analyze vendor practices
- Perform operational oversight (Performance, Risk, and Compliance) of servicing functions for 21co portfolios including but not limited to ETPs, proprietary trading, and treasury accounts
- Support creation and redemption orders for Exchange Traded Products including BAU,
asset reconciliation, basket valuation, PCF generation and settlement
- Generate data-driven insights into processes, helping to identify and size potential gaps
- Lead process streamlining, reengineering and automation
- Work with staff in other departments to coordinate listings of new products and respond
to changes impacting existing products
- Conduct data analysis to support product design, listing and rule filings
- Participate in new business development and client retention initiatives
- Coordinate between various business units, such as product, distribution, and marketing.
- Recommend and implement process improvements to pre-empt or mitigate errors
- Work with Product Managers to break down complex concepts into manageable jobs to
Knowledge And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, 3+ years in financial services
- Knowledge of trade lifecycle
- Knowledge of back, middle, and front office operations
- Asset/Wealth Management and/or ETP/ETF/Index tracking and/or Business Management experience, preferred
- Python knowledge, required
- Self-starter with strong initiative to produce and deliver in an active, small team environment
- Strong quantitative, communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Bloomberg advantageous
- Experience in data analytics, quantitative analysis, and/or data manipulation
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Risk mitigation and control mindset
- Ability to navigate and coordinate with various groups within the organization
This role is based in Zurich and will be expected to work from our Zurich office three days a week.